Concrete Scanning Services
Save yourself time and money with the use of concrete scanning with Perfect Concrete Care, make your life easy and stress free. With the use of the Hilti PS1000 GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) Perfect Concrete Care can scan for water pipes, electrical cabling, high tension posts and ducts and much more.GET A FREE QUOTE
Why to scan before drilling or cutting
Have you ever been on a job and drilled through a wall or floor without scanning first and burst a mains pipe, costing you thousands of dollars in damage and repair?file_download Download Service Proposal
Avoid costly damages
Concrete scanning is an important service in today’s industry as cutting, coring and drilling of concrete structures requires great caution. Hidden features within structures can cause damage to tools or worse off even the operator themselves.
We can combine scanning of concrete service with concrete cutting and coring to save our clients time and money.
Get a real-time report
With the use of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) we can scan in real-time to provide our operator with in-depth and comprehensive scans of structures so you can insure the safety of both equipment and workers.
Scan for various hidden things
We provide detailed scanning of concrete and other structures assisting engineers and developers.
Most common applications of our concrete scanning services
Post Tension Cables & Ducts
The best way to determine post tension cables depth and location is with the use of GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar Scanning Systems). Here at Perfect Concrete Care Experienced technicians can locate and map these concrete reinforcements to ensure they are not damaged when cutting or drilling is necessary on the slab. This technology can also calculate the depth of the cables as needed. In addition, GPR can be used to locate rebar, conduits, underground storage tanks, utilities and even unmarked graves in both soil and concrete. This provides critical information on not just support structures but utilities and other obstructions. A post tension cable is a key support for concrete construction. It allows builders to use thinner slabs of concrete but still support the same amount of weight. These cables also make it possible to use fewer support columns. During construction, the steel cables are laid into the area where the concrete will be poured. Once it is poured, the cables are tension-ed with thousands of pounds of pressure.READ MORE
Scanning Cables & Pipes
In every city and major towns, there are endless pipes and cables that were laid down in years gone by. Some of these pipes and cables were rightly planned while some of them were haphazardly laid down. Whatever the case, there comes a time when these underground structures need to be mapped, and there is no better technology for doing it than using one of the new concrete scanning machines. Using GPR technology we can scan for steel reinforcement, post-tension cables, live power, sewer and water pipes, metallic and non-metallic pipes, phone, data and fibre-optic cables.tus, metus.READ MORE
Concrete Structure Location
GPR can also be used to scan concrete structures for slab thickness, concrete cover, concrete voiding. With concrete voiding major performance and durability problems can arise if the reinforced cores are not completely filled with concrete, or if specified reinforcement is missed. Perfect Concrete Care can scan a block wall in order to detect any voids, or missing reinforcement. Perfect Concrete Care can scan concrete floor slabs to assist a structural engineer with information required to calculate load bearings and load capacities. Typical data that can be provided for the structural engineer would include: Thickness of the slab Reinforcement location and spacing/pattern Size of reinforcement Position of any footings or beamsREAD MORE
More applications of our services
- arrow_forward Scanning Post Tension Cables
- arrow_forward Scanning Ducts
- arrow_forward Locating Cables
- arrow_forward Investigating Concrete Structure
- arrow_forward Locating Live Services
- arrow_forward Locating Water Supply
- arrow_forward Steel reinforcement (reo)
- arrow_forward Metallic/Non-metallic pipes
- arrow_forward Locating Beams
Perfect Scanning Equipment
At Perfect Concrete Care we only use the best equipment
HILTI X-SCAN SYSTEM PS1000
- Provides a real-time inside view of concrete structures
- Generates true images automatically for direct on-site evaluation of scan data by the user
- Inspection of floors, decks, slabs, balconies, etc. in structures such as tunnels, bridges and buildings
MALA RADIO DETECTION RD7000
- Radiodetection’s RD7000+ Utility Locator range delivers accurate, reliable and repeatable performance due to several groundbreaking features.
- Light weight – at only 2.3 kg, the RD7000 range is comfortable to use for extended periods
- Extends the RD7000+’s locate capability into areas where other products fail
HILTI PX-10 TRANSPOINTER
- Drilling positions can be determined even where floor levels differ or dividing walls are not in line
- Avoids damage when drilling through insulation or cladding by drilling in the right direction
- No need for time consuming procedures such as drilling pilot holes, measuring out manually or “trial and error”
Our recent projects
Concrete Scanning Pricelist
Please contact our engineering department to discuss your project needs. One of our trained staff will offer you a solution and provide a quote for services.
|Call out fee||$500 + GST||1 hour on site, travel & establishment|
|> 1 hour||$225/hour||Hourly thereafter|
|Scan report||$175||One page slab scan report|
Working hours: All rates apply to normal business hours 7am - 3pm (Mon-Fri). Additional surcharge of $55 p/h will apply if works are to be carried outside of these hours.
Stand down time/ Assistant: When the operator is required to stop works due to a delay in works/ areas not being ready for the operator.
Parking: Client to supply parking.
Weekend Work: POA
Concrete Scanning CalculatorPlease note this is an estimated total and the final quote may vary slightly.
• After this if you require we can provide you with a detailed 3D view of the scanned area in .PDF format.
• We can also take digital pictures of our scans and email them directly to an engineer/building owner for approval of the drilling locations.
Request a Quote
The best way to contact us is either filling out the form below or give us a call/ email. After contacting us we will send you an estimate as soon as possible, usually within 2 hours.