Concrete Polishing Sydney
Polished concrete not only looks amazing but also is extremely hard wearing surface that enhances the natural appearance of any concrete floor whilst achieving a smooth level film finish.GET A FREE QUOTE
Polished concrete is an art, not a job. That’s why you need to make sure you engage the best concrete polishing contractors in Sydney. Our professional operators have years of experience in the concrete grinding and polished concrete industry.
Download our new brochure today to see what kind of amazing finishes Perfect Concrete Care can achieve for you. Inside we breakdown the processes involved, the different types of finishes and show you some of the wonderful finishes we have achieved for our clients.
Why choose Perfect Concrete Care?
With years of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to achieve the polished poncrete finish you desire. We only use the best quality machinery and equipment available on the market to ensure you get the best results possible.
Grind & Seal
There are many misconceptions surrounding polished concrete. Most people think every kind of Concrete floor finish is Polished Concrete. When in fact in the industry there are multiple types of finishes. One of the most common finishes our clients look for is what's called a Grind & Seal. The Grind & Seal finish gives a smooth satin matte finish to the floor and is perfect for those clients that are looking for a rustic industrial finish which is very popular in Cafes and Restaurants right now. The advantages of this finish is cost effective and helps to protect the concrete slab from stains and spillages.
Cream concrete finish requires the concrete to be well cured, at no less and preferably more than 32 MPA of strength, having being laid very straight with a highly burnished finish. Let's not confuse a cream concrete finish with a polished concrete finish. A cream finish is achieved by not exposing any aggregate and switching from metal bonded diamonds to resin bonded earlier in the process. Being very economical the “cream” finish is the perfect option for industrial areas where extreme floor strength is required. It is also the obvious choice for large commercial areas subject to high traffic.
Polished concrete is more expensive than grind & sealing as there are many more steps and processes involved. With concrete polishing depending on the finish you are looking for it can involve anywhere from 12-18 passes with the Floor Grinders. Changing the Diamond discs and increasing the grit of the diamonds each pass. In between each pass applying the chemical hardener and allowing it to seep and densify into the slab. This is a timely process and the main reason why polished concrete is much more expensive.
PERFECT CONCRETE GRINDING EQUIPMENT
At Perfect Concrete Care we only use the best equipment
Duratiq RX8 Remote Grinder
Tyrolit HTC 420
Tyrolit 650 E Classic
Floorex Meteor Grinder 250
Floorex Satellite Grinder
Polivac Rotary Sander
HILTI Dry Vacuum VC40
Metabo 9" Grinder
Metabo 5" Grinder
HILTI DG150 Grinder
Some of PERFECT Concrete Care work
- One pass with 20grit aggressive diamond shoes. This gets rid of any imperfections in the slab and helps to even it out.
- We would then use a quick setting filler to fix all the tiny holes, cracks and imperfections in the slab.
- We would then use 40 grit diamond shoes to smooth out the slab further.
- Then we apply the concrete densifier and wait about 20 mins for it to seep into the slab.
- We then use 80 resin pads to make the slab even smoother.
- Then we apply yet another coat of concrete hardener and wait for that to dry.
- Then we use 120 grit resin pads to smoothen the slab further.
- Apply another layer of concrete hardener.
- We then use 240 resin pads shoes and give it another pass.
- Apply another coat of hardener.
- We then switch to 400 grit resin pads and give it another pass.
- Apply another layer of hardener.
- Then we use 800 resin pads and perform another pass.
- Apply another layer of hardener.
- We then use the final 3000 resin pads to give it its final polished finish.Then we use 1500 grit resin pads and give it another pass.
Request a Quote
The best way to contact us is either filling out the form below or give us a call/ email. After contacting us we will send you an estimate as soon as possible, usually within 2 hours.